Friday, October 16, 2009

After another satisfying week...

We are going to be leaving for a weekend jaunt to Fez at 5:00AM tomorrow. There are 13 of us volunteers going so it will probably be hectic when we get to the hotel and when we are trying to decide to do anything.

Before I forget, yesterday as my roommates and I came downstairs for dinner I was surprised to see basketball on the TV, although it is fairly popular. As I took a closer look, I realized that the two teams that were playing were Washington St. and UCLA. I found it fascinating how such a relatively obscure game found its way to Morocco. UCLA won by 8.

4 comments:

  1. the weird thing is that has to be a repeat, since the games haven't started here yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. This was during the Kevin Love era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, there's a phone commercial that's been airing a lot here in which a text and picture message-driven campaign is launched to find a little girl's dog. It ends with her running to a porch where Tyler Hansbrough is waiting for her, creepily smiling, with the dog. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete