The title is a sentence from the lesson that I taught today. I feel that that is an English phrase that will help these young minds accomplish a lot in the future.
In other news, Ramadan is coming to a close which is a fantastic reason for celebration. Last night I broke the fast at the TOP MARK CENTRE with Hassan and about 20 students. The Ramadan BreakFast is a pretty standard meal that I realized with no real main course. There is a lot of bread and traditional tomato soup along with these intensely sweet and sticky pastries. After the meal, we drink tea and sing. I've heard this occasion be compared to Christmas. Although I don't understand a word of the conversation or the songs, I just picture everybody singing 'Let it Snow' and all is well.
Now, I would like to take some time to comment on the driving trends in Morocco:
1. If you own a car, you use the horn more than you use the brake.
2. If you are a passenger, you do not use your seatbelt, especially if you are under the age of 10.
3. If you ride a motorbike/scooter/etc. you don't wear a helmet and you disregard every rule.
4. If you are a motorbike passenger you need to have a strong grip because you are bound to fall off.
5. If you own a bike, it is probably broken.
6. If you take the bus, you enjoy yelling.
7. If you are in a taxi, you like to push and mutter about Americans.
8. If you drive a taxi, you are always in a bad mood.
9. If you can't afford any of the above, you ride on the back of tractor trailers or any vehicle that you can grab on to.
10. If you are in a vehicle in Morocco, you will end up driving on the opposite side of the road for at least 20 seconds every day.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahahahahahahhaha
ReplyDeletedude i laughed so hard
haha be SAFE ha.
whoa, baby!
ReplyDeletewild rides and wild times!
send photos.
xoxox
how about the riders of the driver-less horse carts?
ReplyDeletehahahahaha yesss pleasee be safe!!!!
ReplyDeletereasons why you should come visit
ReplyDelete1. cars/streets/taxis are all safe, except on the other side of the road.
2. i have my own bathroom, daily hot showers and a towel warmer.
3. lydia and i miss you dearly.
4. in scotland people speak english... kinda of.
Have you witnessed a car vs. horse vs. motorcycle vs. bus race yet? Please report when you do.
ReplyDelete